Sunday, March 6, 2011

Running: Masochism Refined

P1000553 (Small)P1000556 (Small)Field blo Futbol and the Skul Loop, my 45 second running loops—you should be envious. Sometimes I choose to run around the soccer field because it is longer than my school route, but when too much rain comes I have to move up the ‘slight’ hill to the school (which is next door to the soccer field). The school route, while usually being drier, is a much more technical route, involving varying drills of bounding and quick feet every 45-second loop. Oh how I spend my mornings in Naviso! As you can imagine, during a 40-70 minute run I really rack up the loops. Beyond that I have literally carved a path around the school and soccer field. You can see my exact, unwavering route. Additionally, most mornings I am joined by children who either run some loops with me or run in front of me wanting me to chase them (which can create quite gut-wrenching interval training). The most surprising factor in all this is my willingness to run in circles every morning. This might be drive me crazy in the states, but here I find it quite enjoyable: masochism refined.
P1000554 (Small)P1000552 (Small)

No comments:

Post a Comment