Monday, March 7, 2011

The Death and Rebirth of an IPOD: A Lifetime Original Movie

P1000479 (Small)After my IPOD died, about 10 days after I got to site, after I had killed my computer battery to charge it, I discovered that Jennifer and I had no way to effectively charge a USB Device. So, from mid-November to Christmas, I learned to sing songs to myself. This consisted mostly of ‘Down’ by Jay Sean and ‘Move Along’ by The All-American Rejects. During the Christmas/New Year “spell” I was able to charge the IPOD and then plan trips to West Maewo and Sulua School where I can use an AC Adapter to charge the IPOD with electricity (through a massive solar set-up), but after a few hurricanes my plans changed, I was unable to go west, and my IPOD died. This led me to discover that the small solar chargers (for charging USB devices) Jennifer and I have might not charge the IPOD effectively, but can keep it alive while the IPOD is playing: a rebirth like the rise of the Phoenix from the ashes… 
                                           
UPDATE: I now have an effective solar charger. Best case scenario: it actually charges my IPOD. Worst case scenario: it actually charges my IPOD, but doesn’t make it to Maewo or Naviso.


Photo: My artistic side (basically non-existent) managed to capture a tropical landscape in the IPOD screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment