Wednesday, September 1, 2010

What's the name of that one Madonna song???... I'M A VIRGIN!!

With less than 10 days to go, it's crunch time. I didn't think packing could be made more complicated by an instruction list, but I was horribly wrong. I realize that all the information I have ahead of time will save me tons when I get to Vanuatu, but right now it's driving me crazy. Trying to plan for preventing the death of all my electronics while in-country is probably the greatest blessing/biggest frustration. While it's wonderful to know that the moisture/humidity in Vanuatu kills technology and what I can do to "possibly" prevent this cataclysmic is helpful, I still do not really know how to plan for this kind of problem. Ah well, you can't prevent everything, life is a series of calculated risks (or perhaps miscalculated). On top of this I've been tidying up all the paperwork for student loans and the Peace Corps (in case I die, who gets my debt?). Also loading up my External HD with all the 90's music and TV shows I can (have to be realistic about surviving out there!)

It's still crazy to think I will be going international for the first time in 9 days and for 2 years at that! I'm going to have to learn how to blog properly also. I also set-up a Skype account, so if you are reading this and use Skype and I haven't thought to add you, please add me (that didn't sound desperate did it?). My Skype name is "nik.karr". It seems I am doing a lot of things for the first time recently. Lets hope I stay sane through the craziness.

1 comment:

  1. pack more books than you think necessary, your favorite dry foods, figure out the best way for mail to get to you (if possible), and anything else you need to maintain sanity while out in the middle of nowhere. see you on skype. GOOD LUCK!!!

    ReplyDelete